Premium Koshihikari Rice
Premium Japanese Koshihikari Rice:
We are offering you one of Japan’s staple foods, Koshihikari rice. Koshihikari is a premium short-grain rice cultivar and is preferred by Japanese consumers because of its superior eating quality.
It is so loved as Koshihikari is known for its sticky and chewy texture. Our batch of Koshihikari originates from Ishikawa prefecture, Japan.
Sizes: 500g / 1kg / 10kg
Fermented Pepper & Yuzu Paste KANZURI 70g
Kanzuri is a simple blend of togarashi chili peppers, salt, rice koji and yuzu (Japanese citrus peel). The spice is developed and produced in Niigata prefecture, Northern Japan. This Yuzu edition contains extra yuzu for a more intense bitter-citrusy flavour and is especially recommended for boiled dishes and stew. Use with salt to best draw out the intense yuzu flavour.
Bottle Size: 70g
– A topping on chicken, steak, (raw, fried or baked) tofu, or baked potatoes
– Blend with oil to make a dressing for salads, meat or tofu
– Blend with mayonnaise for a delicious spicy, creamy sauce with fried foods
– A unique base for pasta sauce or fried rice;
fry the kanzuri with oil and garlic and stir the rice/pasta in
– Add to soy sauce for an amazing sashimi, gyoza dumpling and spring rolls dip
– Add to a vegetable stir fry, hot pot, (miso) soup, noodles or curry for
an all-round kanzuri flavor experience
Fyn – Yaki no Tare (BBQ) Sauce
This house made Japanese BBQ sauce by Fyn Restaurant has become a firm favourite in our kitchen!
A blend of sake, mirin, soya, sugar, ginger and spring onion results in an authentically delicious sauce that can be used on anything.
Bottle Size: 125ml
Supplier: Fyn Restaurant
– Basting for chicken, steak, (raw, fried or baked) tofu, or vegetables
– Dipping sauce for sashimi, gyoza dumpling and spring rolls
– Add to a vegetable stir fry for a unique flavour experience
– Basting for Japanese Yakitori grilling for an authentic Japanese experience
TAKAHASHI Pickling Powder 10g x10
Combining traditional methods and generations old know-how, with new technology and a recognition for customers wanting to enjoy authentic food, in a fast-paced modern society, Takahashi Shoten created “1-hour Pickles” powder.
Cut up some vegetables and cover them with the 1-hour Pickles powder and be ready to enjoy delicious Japanese pickles in a small hour later! Being made just from spices, kelp seaweed and bacteria to stimulate the fermentation, the revolutionary product supports the company’s values to be as natural and allergen free as possible. It is a safe choice for a wide variety of diets, including vegetarian and vegan ones.
How to use:
- Cut up vegetables (e.g. cucumber, tomato, radish, carrot, etc.) and put them in a plastic bag.
- Cover them in the 1-Hour Pickles powder and shake.
- Wait for about an hour.
- Enjoy delicious, Japanese style pickles!
Having started the production of this pickles powder in 1977, Takahashi Shoten has not only perfected their recipe over time, but also gained a large number of loyal fans, swearing by the product to speed up an otherwise lengthy fermentation process, to experiment with creative dressings, and to finally have their children enjoy vegetables!
Fyn – Kombu Dashi Set
Make your own kombu dashi (broth) at home by following the simple recipe, the set includes 40g Kombu (dried kelp) from Hokkaido, 50g Sliced Katsuobushi (smoked bonito flakes) from Mie Prefecture and simple directions on how to prepare 3 liters of restaurant grade stock.
Perfect for miso soup, sauces and a whole host of other applications, recipe ideas included.
– Kombu Dried Kelp
– Sliced Katsuobushi Smoked and Dried Bonito
– Recipe & Ideas Card
Supplier: Fyn Restaurant
TAKAHASHI Gluten Free Soy Sauce 500m
Soy sauce is a key ingredient in the Japanese kitchen, but generally a nightmare for anyone with a wheat or soy allergy. After elaborate testing, with ingredients like rice, sesame seeds and azuki beans, “sora mame” or “broad beans” were found to not only resemble the taste of general soy sauce, but to also be the most delicious one. Containing just sora mame and salt, the sauce allows a very wide range of people to enjoy a soy sauce flavor to their Japanese dishes!