Katsushige Anryu – Gyuto 210mm
Knifemaking is in Anryu san’s blood. His family started as knife makers in the early 1870’s. He started apprenticing as a knife maker under his father, Katsutoshi Anryu, after graduating high school in 1959. He is a fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years. Anryu San is also one of the founders of Takefu Knife Village in Echizen, Japan.
The blade is made from Aogami # 2 (Blue Paper # 2 ) steel with a stainless steel cladding. This adds strength to the inner core while protecting it from corrosion.
Gyuto (Chefs Knife):
The Gyuto is a Japanese designed chef’s knife. Gyutos vary widely in design but generally range from 210mm to 270mm in length though smaller and larger examples can be found. Like the familiar western styled chef’s knife, Gyutos are commonly tall at the heel, have a reasonably flat profile toward the heel for chopping, a belly toward the tip of the blade for rock cutting, and a pointed tip for precision work.
Knife Shape: Gyuto
Blade Length: 210mm
Steel Type: Aogami # 2 (Blue Steel # 2)
Rockwell Hardness: 61:63
Handle Material: Rosewood handle
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist or cleave the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock