Katsushige Anryu – Nakiri 165mm
Knifemaking is in Anryu san’s blood. His family started as knife makers in the early 1870’s. He started apprenticing as a knife maker under his father, Katsutoshi Anryu, after graduating high school in 1959. He is a fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years. Anryu San is also one of the founders of Takefu Knife Village in Echizen, Japan.
The blade is made from Aogami # 2 (Blue Paper # 2 ) steel with a stainless steel cladding. This adds strength to the inner core while protecting it from corrosion.
Nakiris are double bevel knives designed specifically for working with vegetables. Nakiris are characterized by their flat profiles and squared off tips. This profile makes these knives ideal for push cutting and chopping but awkward for rock cutting. Nakiris are often ground thin to optimize performance and they benefit from a refined cutting edge. A similar design is the traditional single bevel usuba which is also designed specifically for use on vegetables.
Knife Shape: Nakiri
Blade Length: 165mm
Steel Type: Aogami # 2 (Blue Steel # 2)
Rockwell Hardness: 61:63
Handle Material: Rosewood handle
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R500
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist or cleave the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock