Kobayashi – Petty 150mm – SG2 Steel
Kei Kobayashi is a relative new blacksmith on the scene. He started as a sharpener and finisher for a few leading blacksmiths. He recently started forging not to long ago and we have to say that the results are really impressive! Really nice grind, good balance and sharpness out the box is awesome. The belly has a bit more curve to it compared to other santoku knives we have available.
The blade is made from SG2 steel thats renowned for its super dense grain structure and purity, this makes for a harder and less brittle knife than other similar steels. The knife is cladded with a softer stainless steel for added protection and to make sharpening easier.
The handle is made from dyed lacquer coated pakka wood.
Knife Shape: Petty
Blade Length: 150mm
Steel Type: SG2
Rockwell Hardness: 64
Handle Material: Wa (Japanese) Handle
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R500
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock