Masakage Kiri – Gyuto 240mm
HURRY ONLY 1 LEFT! WHEN SOLD OUT IT CAN TAKE UP TO 3-4 MONTHS TO RESTOCK.
Gyuto (Chefs Knife):
The gyuto is a Japanese designed chef’s knife. Gyutos vary widely in design but generally range from 210mm to 270mm in length though smaller and larger examples can be found. Like the familiar western styled chef’s knife, gyutos are commonly tall at the heel, have a reasonably flat profile toward the heel for chopping, a belly toward the tip of the blade for rock cutting, and a pointed tip for precision work.
Masakage Kiri knives are hand forged from VG-10 high carbon Stanless steel and laminated with 49 layer nickel Damascus Stainless steel.
These knives are made by Hiroshi Kato san, a 68 year old blacksmith from Takefu Village who has been practicing his trade for 51 years.
Knife Shape: Gyuto
Blade Length: 240mm
Steel Type: VG10 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness: 60:62
Handle Material: Magnolia wood handle with Pakka wood collar
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock