Masakage Koishi – Santoku 165mm
The blade is made from Aogami Super – really easy to sharpen, holds a super fine edge, cuts like silk and is very rugged for its hardness. The super hard steel is then cladded in a softer stainless steel to help lower the possibility of rusting.
The Koishi(Pebble) line is made by Yoshimi Kato who first apprenticed at Kanehiro Hamono and then apprenticed under the guidance of Hiroshi-San (his Father in Law) who has also taught great blacksmiths like Yu Kurosaki. Yoshimi Kato strives to continuously improve his skills day by day working from Takefu knife village.
This is also a multi-purpose knife, but with a slight vegetable bias. Santoku means ‘Three Virtues’ or ‘To solve Three Problems’. The virtues or problems are slicing, dicing and mincing. Santoku is usually found in 160mm – 190mm lengths. These are more and more popular in Western kitchens due to the unique shape and smaller easy to handle size.
Knife Shape: Santoku
Blade Length: 165mm
Steel Type: Aogami Super with Stainless Glad
Rockwell Hardness: 63:64
Handle Material: Wa (Japanese) Handle, Octagon Cherry wood handle with Pakka wood collar
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Only 2 left in stock