Masakage Yuki – Petty 150mm
This knife is used for smaller jobs that are done on a cutting board. Perfect for slicing shallots, garlic, cutting herbs, and boning smaller proteins. Additionally, Petty knives are an indispensable tool for those who feel uncomfortable wielding a larger chef knife.
Hand Crafted from Shirogami (white) carbon steel, then clad in a soft stainless steel. You get all then benefits of a high carbon blade like great edge retention, easy sharpening and silky smooth cuts, with only minor maintenance issues (possible rusting).
They are made by Hioshi Kato, a blacksmith with over 50 years experience.
All Masakage knives are handmade in Japan by Blacksmiths chosen for their excellence!
Knife Shape: Petty
Blade Length: 150mm
Steel Type: #2 Shirogami (White carbon) Steel clad with Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness: 61:63
Handle Material: Magnolia wood handle with Pakka wood collar
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock