Masutani – VG10 Damascus Mini Santoku 130mm
Masutani-San forges knives out of Echizen, Japan. They are a small sized company and produce amazing quality knives for the price. Masutani-San is known as an incredable knife sharpener and all knives comes super sharp out of the box.
The Masutani Damascus Ko-Santoku is constructed using a core steel of VG10, a cutlery grade stainless steel produced in Japan. It has a high carbon content which allows it to be heat treated to higher hardness levels thus allowing the blade to take on finer, sharper edges whilst being able to maintain that edge for prolonged periods of time
The Santoku is a multi-purpose knife with a blade profile that allows for great versatility and due to this as well as its smaller form factor, it has become very popular in Western kitchens.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.