Sakai Kikumori Nihonko Honesuki/Kaku
Honesukis are boning knives specifically designed for parting out poultry. These knives are stiff and robust with pointed tips and a triangular profile. Honesukis are often single bevel knives so users should be aware of how to maintain knives with this type of grind. While honesukis are very robust knives they are intended to cut through the joints of a bird, not cleave through the bone. To split a bird consider either a heavier cleaver or a western deba.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food.
- Never twist or cleave the blade.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.