Japanese Camellia Oil 100ml
For centuries Japanese Swordsmen have used camellia oil to protect their prized blades from rust and tarnish.
This original product from Japan is a highly refined version of Camellia Oil that will protect your carbon steel knives. Just put a little on a soft cloth and wipe over the blade before storage.
How to use:
- Please be sure to clean the blade before applying the camellia oil.
- Add some oil to a clean cloth or apply a few dots on the blade.
- Simply wipe the blade on both sides with the cloth.
- Before using your knife again, wash the knife under running cold water to remove any traces of oil.
- Dry the knife with a dry cloth.
Tsunehisa GIN3 – Nakiri
Tsunehisa is a Japanese knife company that sources their knives from various OEMs in Tosa, Japan. They are well known for there outstanding quality steels and amazing sharpness out of the box.
The Tsunehisa Nakiri is made from GIN3 also known as Silver 3 steel or Ginsanko. This is a stainless steel produced by Hitachi Metals.
It is a fine-grained high carbon stainless steel that has similar characteristics as Carbon steel. Gin3 is definitely one of the easiest stainless steels to sharpen!
The Tsunehisa GIN3 is a great option for users seeking similar Carbon steel characteristics but without the maintenance responsibilities.
About the Nakiri
Under-utilized in the western kitchen, the Nakiri’s flat blade is meant for the push/pull chopping of vegetables. Since the entire flat edge of the knife touches the cutting board at once, you won’t be turning the vegetable into an ‘accordion’, pieces that are still connected by a thread after you’ve cut them.
The added weight of the blade allow it to fall through food more easily while you chop, so the knife does more of the work for you.
The Nakiri blade shape is a traditional Japanese knife shape, designed for the task of cutting vegetables – a knife that will be appreciated in the hands of a prep cook with mountains of veggies to prepare every day.
Recently, many Nakiris find their way into home kitchens – it’s a perfect knife for vegetarians and veggie lovers.
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R850
Delivery time: 2 to 4 Working days
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
MAC Ceramic Honing Rod
The White Mac honing rod has a medium 1200 grit surface that polishes your edge smooth. Similar in function to a traditional European “steel” these rods are meant to hone or gently realign your edge. Use it daily in commercial restaurant environments or once every few weeks in home environments to maintain a fine edge. This does not replace sharpening which you should still do every couple of weeks (restaurant) or every couple of months (home).
Ceramic honing rods are a much harder material than a traditional steel and have a much finer grit which obtains faster and better results.
Great for use on harder Carbon steels or powdered stainless steel.
Naniwa Stone Holder
The Naniwa Stone holder is a great addition to your sharpening Station.
The heavy-duty rubber base insures that your whetstone is firmly secure and sturdy when sharpening your knives. It also insures great knuckle clearance when your stones are thinned out.
The holder can easily be adjusted with the set of adjustable screws. This makes it possible to attach water stones in the holder for stones up to 22 cm.
Length: 136-218 mm
Width: 76 mm maximum
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R500