Yu Kurosaki Fujin – Bunka 170mm – VG10 Damascus
Kurosaki-san started as a blacksmith at a very young age, starting working at Takefu knife village at the age of 17 and apprenticed under Hiroshi Kato and Katsushige Anryu and ended up as the youngest master blacksmith at Takefu knife village.
His knives are renowned world wide for there unique look and amazing performance!
The blade is made from VG10 Stainless. Its a very popular stainless steel for knife makers in Japan. It is produced by Takefu Special steel Co. Ltd. VG10 is specifically designed for kitchen knife making. Its’s relatively easy to work, has great edge retention, hardness and ductility. VG10 is usually hardened to 60-61 HRC.
Bunka knives are general purpose knives tackling a wide range of common kitchen tasks. Their reverse tanto profile gives the knives a dexterous and delicate tip and a unique and eye-catching aesthetic. These can be used any time a Gyuto or santoku might be called for. Since Banno Bunkas have fairly flat profiles they are most adept at push cutting and chopping rather than rock chopping.
Knife Shape: Bunka
Blade Length: 170 mm
Steel Type: VG10 Stainless
Rockwell Hardness: 60:61
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist or cleave the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock