Tojiro Color Series – 240mm Sujihiki
There’s always a high demand from professional chefs and culinary students for good quality, durable knife at an affordable price.
The Tojiro Color Series is a great choice. The knives use Molybdenum Vanadium steel with Tojiro’s great grinds and nice sharpness out of the box. The handles are made from a durable elastomeric resin with antibacterial finish.
Tojiro is one of the few manufactures in Japan that performs all of its manufacturing processes in-house. They choose this path of integrated in-house production, from the careful selection of materials to after sale service. The reason why they are able to deliver high quality lies in their commitment to being directly involved in every aspect of making their knives.
Sujihikis can be seen in one of two ways: first, as analogs to the familiar western styled slicer; or second, as a western styled, double bevel version of the single bevel yanagiba famously used for preparing sushi. Sujihikis commonly range from 240mm to 300mm.
Knife Shape: Sujihiki
Blade Length: 240mm
Steel Type: Molybdenum Vanadium Steel
Handle: Elastomeric resin with antibacterial finish
Rockwell Hardness: 56-59
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R500
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.