Masutani – Nakiri 165mm VG10 Damascus
Kunio Masutani :
Masutani knives are made from using some of the best stainless steel and Damascus steel combinations. They are laser cut from pre forged sheets. The well executed grinds and edges on these blades are super impressive. The knife is very easy to maintain on a daily basis and super easy to sharpen.
The Masutani – VG10 Nakiri are naturally thin and is created to perfectly slice through vegetables and fruits with ease.
Nakiris are double bevel knives designed specifically for working with vegetables. Nakiris are characterized by their flat profiles and squared off tips. This profile makes these knives ideal for push cutting and chopping but awkward for rock cutting. Nakiris are often ground thin to optimize performance and they benefit from a refined cutting edge. A similar design is the traditional single bevel usuba which is also designed specifically for use on vegetables.
Knife Shape: Nakiri
Blade Length: 165mm
Steel Type: VG10
Handle: Black Pakka Wood Western handle
Rockwell Hardness: 60:62
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock