Nigara SG2 – Gyuto Kiritsuke 210mm
Nigara Knives are produced in a northern region in Japan which was and still is home to many skilful Blacksmiths that made various weapons and tools that date back 350 years. After WWII, sword-making was banned and many blacksmiths had to start producing cutlery and gardening tools. Nigara knives thus started manufacturing chefs knives of various shapes and sizes with exceptional quality and materials whilst still utilising the traditional crafting methods used throughout their rich history.
The Nigara 210mm Kiritsuke is constructed using an SG2 core steel which is cladded in softer stainless steel. SG2 is a powdered steel which can hold a very fine, Super sharp edge for prolonged periods of time, due to its exceptional hardness. The stainless steel cladding sports a beautiful Tsuchime finish which gives this knife its beautiful aesthetic and aids in preventing corrosion. The stunning octagonal handle is made from Wenge with a Buffalo Horn ferrule and is incredibly durable and comfortable in the hand. The Kiritsuke is another example of a multipurpose knife as it can be used for both boneless meats and vegetables. It has a straighter edge profile which makes push cutting and chopping a breeze whilst the longer blade allows for efficient slicing.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist or cleave the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock