Takayuki Iwai – Nakiri 165mm
Nakiris are double bevel knives designed specifically for working with vegetables. Nakiris are characterized by their flat profiles and squared off tips. This profile makes these knives ideal for push cutting and chopping but awkward for rock cutting. Nakiris are often ground thin to optimize performance and they benefit from a refined cutting edge. A similar design is the traditional single bevel usuba which is also designed specifically for use on vegetables.
Takayuki Iwai who is certified Japanese traditional craft-man in Echizen, Japan.
His knives are all carefully crafted by hand, they work in a very small team to ensure quality over quantity. These knives made in small volume so could take up to 4 weeks to restock.
Knife Type: Nakiri (Vegetable knife)
Material: Blue steel No.2
Blade Length: 165mm
Stainless: No. (The blade needs regular maintenance to prevent rusting.)
Blade Thickness: 4.0mm
Blade Height: 52mm
Handle Length: 127mm
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- This knife fully carbon steel, meaning the whole blade can rust. Over time a patina will form protecting the knife. To help prevent this, you can oil your blade with Camellia Oil after use.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock