Yoshimi Kato – Kurouchi Nakiri 165mm
Yoshimi Kato first apprenticed at Kanehiro Hamono and then apprenticed under the guidance of Hiroshi-San (his Father in Law) who has also taught great blacksmiths like Yu Kurosaki. Yoshimi Kato strives to continuously improve his skills day by day working from Takefu knife village.
Aogami Super Steel:
The blade is made from Aogami Super – really easy to sharpen, holds a super fine edge, cuts like silk and is very rugged for its hardness. The super hard steel is then cladded in a softer stainless steel to help lower the possibility of rusting.
Nakiris are double bevel knives designed specifically for working with vegetables. Nakiris are characterized by their flat profiles and squared off tips. This profile makes these knives ideal for push cutting and chopping but awkward for rock cutting. Nakiris are often ground thin to optimize performance and they benefit from a refined cutting edge. A similar design is the traditional single bevel usuba which is also designed specifically for use on vegetables.
Knife Shape: Nakiri
Blade Length: 165mm
Steel Type: Aogami Super
Rockwell Hardness: 63:64
Handle Material: Rosewood with pakka wood collar
Delivery time: 3 to 5 Working days
FREE SHIPPING for orders over R500
We use Payfast and EFT as payment method.
- Wash and dry the blade by hand immediately after use. Dishwashers are very bad for all knives.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the blade. Avoid abrasive dish scrubbers and powders as these can damage the finish of your beautiful knife.
- Do not cut through bones. You can certainly cut along/beside bones, but do not cut into bones. This can, at worst, chip the blade.
- Never use this knife to cut frozen food. I’m sure you have a 4×4 somewhere in your kitchen for this job.
- Never twist, cleave or prise the blade.
- Always use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Never cut on bamboo, glass, marble, slate, a plate, china, marble, arborite or anything harder than steel.
- Store knives in a way that the blades will not knock into each other.
- Never transport knives unprotected.
Out of stock